Fiber optic sensors can measure strain, temperature and vibrations at multiple points distributed over an optical sensing fiber of up to several kilometers. An optical fiber is lightweight, resistant to extreme temperatures, electromagnetic interference, and corrosion and is safe to use in explosive environments.
Bringing to market a very cost-effective interrogator Sentea accelerates the adoption of fiber optic sensors in monitoring applications in civil infrastructure, wind turbines, heavy industries, oil & gas installations, airplanes, ships, trains, electric cars, and even medical instruments.
To define and test the design and architecture of our future products, we are now looking for a system engineer.
You will become part of a fast growing and international team, contributing to a sustainable future by enabling better asset management. Our offices are located at the technology park close to the beautiful city of Ghent, the silicon photonics hotspot of Europe.
- Define, test, validate and improve fiber sensing interrogator system architectures
- Define, test, and improve measurement data algorithms
- System-level validation of new chip designs
- Interaction with system architect, hardware engineers and chip designers
- Develop validation methods and make test setups.
- Test and validate prototypes.
- Master’s or PhD in electronics, photonics or equivalent
- Good programming skills (Python, C)
- Strong mathematical skills
- Knowledge of LabVIEW is an advantage
- Problem solving analytical mindset
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Based in Gent
"*" indicates required fields