Sentea is a spin-off of Ghent University and research center imec and was founded in 2018 by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs and experienced researchers. Leveraging our expertise in silicon photonics, we have the ambition to become the market leader in fiber optic sensor interrogators.
Fiber optic sensors can measure strain, temperature and vibrations at multiple points distributed over a sensing fiber, and this even in the harshest environments. Using a lightweight fiber as the sensing element, fiber sensors are resistant to extreme temperatures, electromagnetic interference, and corrosion. Fiber sensors use light instead of electronic signals also making them resistant to lightning strikes and suitable for use in explosive environments. These unique characteristics make fiber sensors ideal for detecting and predicting structural damage to large engineering structures on land, in the air or out at sea, before it leads to catastrophic failure.
Our high-performance cost-effective fiber sensor mini-interrogators will significantly reduce maintenance cost of civil infrastructure, wind turbines, heavy industries, oil & gas installations, airplanes, ships, trains and electric cars.
To show the world the endless possibilities of fiber optic sensing and work with our customers to help them to maximize the benefits of our interrogator in their applications, we are now looking for an Application Engineer.
Our offices are located at the technology park in Zwijnaarde, the silicon photonics hotspot of Europe.
- Work with customers to integrate the Sentea interrogator in their systems and applications
- Identify new applications and use cases of fiber optic sensing
- Find academic and industry partners to implement applications and use cases
- Define fiber sensing solutions based on Sentea’s mini-interrogator
- Write use case and white papers on Sentea’s products solutions and its applications
- Present at conferences and give webinars on fiber sensing applications
- Master’s degree in mechanical or civil engineering, or similar, or equivalent by experience
- 3 years of experience in a similar function
- Experience in fiber optic sensors or sensors in general is an advantage
- Good computer and computer network skills
- Knowledge of Labview, Python and/or C++
- Commercial mindset, result driven and a good communicator
- Experience with digital marketing (posts, blogs, webinars) is an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Dutch, German or Chinese is an advantage
- Willing to travel frequently